Empowering future athletes through an introduction to soccer with a focus on building strong bodies and confident minds for early entry to the journey of athletic development!
Program: Recreational Grassroots
Age Group: U6 (Birth Year - 2018)
Recreational Grassroots Soccer Program Overview:
Welcome to our Recreational Soccer Program, designed for young players in the U6 age group (Birth Year - 2018). Our goal is to create a lively and exciting learning atmosphere for families. We emphasize skill development and aim to foster a genuine love for the beautiful game. Through our game-based curriculum, we encourage players to embrace mistakes, express creativity, and grow into confident and brave athletes. Player development is the heart of our program, guided by our 4 Pillars of Coaching.
Our 4 Pillars of Coaching:
1) Players experience FUN: We want you to enjoy the game while also building a strong work ethic.
2) Players connect through positive team spirit: We focus on building camaraderie and teamwork through shared experiences.
3) Players demonstrate growth with positive coaching: We support personal and skill development through positive reinforcement.
4) Player commitment increases when learning and improving is frequent: We aim to nurture a culture of continuous improvement and dedication to the sport.
- Our program lasts approximately 8 weeks.
- The league season runs May through June.
- You will have an option of Monday/Wednesday sessions or Tuesday/ Thursday sessions.
- Season end Jamboree on June 22 & 23.
*(Jamboree will have food, bouncy castles and other activities and options for the whole family to take part while the kids play games over the two days.)*
Technical Overview and Commitment:
Frequency: Two sessions per week, each session is half training and half games.
Session Duration: Sessions last approximately 60 minutes.
Game Play: 3v3
Features approximately 16 sessions, all held in Sherwood Park.
Scores are not kept in this league.
Parents play a big role in our programs by taking on available volunteer roles! Coaches will receive a rebate towards future season fees should they volunteer as coach for their child's team. Weekly session plans are provided to coaches based on a centralized curriculum. On-field support from our Technical Staff, Jr. Coaches, Jr. Technical coaches and Program Director will also be given at sessions.
Equipment and Fees:
Your registration covers a Timbits team kit (jerseys, shorts, socks), training costs, field rental, team equipment, coach rebate, ASA membership, and insurance.
*Please Note: players are required to provide shin pads and footwear (does not need to be a soccer cleat, a form of running shoe will be fine at this age)*
Schedule and Changes:
Cancellations may occur due to inclement weather, poor air quality and extreme heat. We will try to reschedule when we can on the same days as much as possible, but it's not always guaranteed.