Outdoor Skill Centre
SPDSA SKILLS CENTRE
Technical, Physical, Mental and Social player development
- U5-U13 Players
- Phoenix Players
- Community Players
- U9-U17 Goalkeepers
- The Skill Centre focus is on individual player development.
- Keen players need a program designed to deliver more training hours, in a structured environment, with skilled coaches.
- The Skill Centre provides an age and stage appropriate learning environment for all players, regardless of their baseline skill levels and game understanding.
- The Skill Centre is not to replace other grassroots programs, rather training at the Skill Centre complements these programs by enriching each players learning and development.
- Sessions are led by the SPDSA Technical Department Staff.
- Parent coaches may assist at stations, as a coaching development opportunity.
- Program is structured following the Canada Soccer and FIFA Preferred Training Model. In this approach each training session is built around activity "stations" that the players move around at regular intervals.
- The stations focus on, Fundamental Movement, Soccer Technique, Coordination, and Small Sided Games.
- Each age and stage of development has a technical curriculum that follows the guidelines set out in Canada Soccer's LTPD.
- Players are grouped based on age and stage of development.
- Registration details are on the SPDSA website
Benefits of Skill Centre
- A training curriculum that respects the developmental age of players and recognizes the differences in baseline skill levels of players
- Consistency in the quality of coaching and training curriculum
- Extra training hours and individualized attention for players who possess a keen interest in the game.
- Development of the Player's Technical (Ball Mastery, Ball Progression and Decision-making), Social (Respect and Values, Communication), Physical (Agility, Balance, Coordination, Speed) and Mental (Creativity, confidence, and concentration) skills.
- U5/U9 and U10-U13 Outfield Players - $125.00
- U9 - U17 Goalkeepers - $125.00
- Registration is completed online under 2019 Outdoor Skill Centre Season.
- Registration Deadline April 15th, 2019, unless otherwise noted.
Dates, Times & Locations
U5 - U9 & Keeper Training
Emerald Hills Turf - April 27 (2:00pm - 3:00pm) Note date change due to EASTER & 28 (4:30 - 5:30pm)
Millennium Place - May 5, 12 June 2, 9, 16, 23 (3:00 - 4:30pm)
**** May 26 - Millennium Place (5:00pm - 6:30pm)******
U11 - U13
Emerald Hills Turf - April 27 (3:00pm - 4:30pm) Note date change due to EASTER & 28 (5:30 - 7:00pm)
Millennium Place - May 5, 12, June 2, 9, 16, 23 (4:30 - 6:00pm)
**** May 26 - Millennium Place (6:30 - 8:00pm)******
Click here to register