Women's Classics - Outdoor 2019
Female players and teams eligible for Classics Adult soccer (ages 35+), who are looking to participate in a recreational classics league.
- *9-week season starting April 29 ending June 24
- 8 games guaranteed
- Games that need to be rescheduled will be in accordance with the SPDSA rescheduling guidelines.
- The structure of the league will be determined on April 9th when the number of teams in the league have been confirmed.
- *Subject to change depending on field availability.
Days/Nights of Play
- Primary: Sunday late afternoons/evenings
- Secondary: Saturday evenings
- Blackout Dates: May 13 (Mother's Day), May 20 (Victoria Day Long Weekend)
- Secondary game days will be used as a rain out date and to ensure number of games are played
- Match Play - 11 v 11 (10 v 10 plus goalkeepers) with 2 x 45 minute halves
- Team application to be submitted by the main contact / team manager by April 8, 2018
- Submit the "Adult Team Information Sheet" to email@example.com
- All Teams must have a minimum of 15 players registered
Player registration - Players With a team
- All players will complete an online registration, which will have a field to indicate which team they are registering for
- Player fee of $120.00 per player for the outdoor season
Player registration - individuals/Small Groups seeking a team
- Follow player registration process as above, and you will be able to indicate that you / your group are looking for a team
- Email Andreas (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inform the SPDSA that you are seeking a team.
- Once a team is found, the SPDSA will pass along contact information to the team manager
- If enough individuals register, the SPDSA may form a team of individuals/small groups of players
- If a team cannot be found for players, the SPDSA will refund the fees.
Important dates and deadlines
- February 18 - The SPDSA requires Team Information Sheets for a minimum of 4 teams, and a minimum of 5 registered players per team. If on February 19th the SPDSA does not meet the minimum, the SPDSA will still offer a Classics league, however, teams will be contacted and given the option of registering in the EDSA program before their team application deadline.
- April 9 - Final date for a team to submit an application to join the Women's Classics League
- April 15 - Final date for a team to have a minimum of 15 players registered for the Women's Classics League
- April 20 - Schedule will be posted online
- If you have any questions pertaining to the Classics division for the 2018 Outdoor Season, please contact Andreas Shilin or call 780-449-1343 ext 100